- This event has passed.
AI Governance in Financial Services
25 October 2019 @ 14h00 - 18h00
About this Event
Join us for a panel discussion and a networking cocktail around AI Governance in financial services, presented by Fin-ML and IVADO. The deployment of AI models in financial services pose an array of challenging and interesting questions, particularly around compliance and ethical matters – for instance regarding model explainability, prevention of unfair bias, as well as algorithmic accountability and human-in-the-loop. The objective of the panels is to both discuss AI Governance in a holistic way, as the questions it poses are all interrelated, and to hone in on some of the particularly pressing issues. To ensure a meaningful dialogue, panelists will be from various backgrounds, jurists and scientists, from the industry, the regulators, and academia.
The discussion will be in English and will also be broadcast virtually.
Presenter & Moderators
- Manuel Morales – Professor, Mathematics & Statistics, Université de Montréal – Director Fin-ML – Chief AI Scientist, National Bank of Canada
- Dominique Payette – Lawyer, Legal Affairs, National Bank of Canada – Fin-ML Collaborator
- Laure Fouin – Corporate and Securities Lawyer, McCarthy Tétrault
- Stéphane Rousseau – Full Professor, Faculty of Law, Chair in Governance and Business Law, Université de Montréal
- Thibault de Ravel d’Esclapon – Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, Université de Strasbourg
- Lise-Estelle Brault – Senior Director, Fintech, Innovation and Derivatives, Autorité des Marchés Financiers
- Marc Stephens – Director, Market Analysis and Investigations, Regulatory Division, Montréal Exchange
- Eric Charton – Senior AI Director, National Bank of Canada
- Jessica Li Guild – Director, Americas Head of Digital Transformation Office & Compliance Data Analytics, Société Générale
- Gwendal Bihan – CEO, Axionable
- Sean Merat – Co-Founder & CEO, Owl.co